120 Year Healthy Living Plan
Why not live a lifestyle that will enable us to live 100+ years with health, vitality and a clear mind? How is that possible? Here are a few of the essential parts of this life enhancing way of living.
Daily Peace Building and De-Stressing Techniques: Choose at least 4 options:
- Meditation 3-7 times per week either self guided or with a Cd or guided audio.
- Practice Gratitude Daily especially when waking up in the morning by writing 5 things you are grateful for. Try to make 2 of those things something small and simple like a pen or a paper clip. Appreciate the small things.
- Journal daily your thoughts, worries, successes, plans, visions, challenges, strengths, weaknesses, passions.
- Making time to read books especially books on spirituality and/or areas you are passionate about.
- Creating a Vision Board: cut out and post images of all the things you want to see come to be.
- Building healthy relationships daily with positive, encouraging and uplifting interactions.
- At least 2-3 hours per week doing things I love to do. E.g. walking my dogs, riding bike, swimming, painting, listening to music, playing with my children.
- Take at least 15 minutes weekly to plan your to do list for the upcoming week, meals, chores, important events, goal setting and family details.
2. Healthy Spine and Nervous System
Making time for regular chiropractic adjustments & asking for health advice in any areas you want to strengthen.
Doing your daily spinal home care: Traction, wobble, neck roll, spinal exercises.
Keeping your spine strong with stability ball and core exercises.
3. Healthy Nutrition
Eating 1lb – 3lbs of Fruits and Veggies per day. (Organic, Local, Fresh Raw) See our Shopping Guide
Eating GOOD FATS daily: Olive Oil, Flax Seeds, Chia Seeds, Wild Salmon, Grass Fed Meat, Almonds, Walnuts, Cashews, Avocado, Coconut, Coconut Oil, Organic or Raw Butter, Coconut Milk .
Avoiding dairy, packaged & processed foods, white flour, farmed fish, sugar, soy.
Start your day with a healthy smoothie.
Lunch with a life giving salad.
Dinner healthy protein and multiple veggies. At least half your plate uncooked veggies.
4. Healthy Exercise and Oxygen Delivery
Exercising 4 to 7 days per week with a minimum of 15-30 min short duration high intensity burst and weight lifting workouts Check out the burst FIT program.
5. Detox Your Body, Sleep & Supplements
Drinking ½ my (lbs) body weight in oz of purified water per day e.g. 200lbs 100 oz per day fresh water or 100 lbs 50 oz. Add fresh lemon squeeze for flavor.
- Omega-3 Fish Oil, Cod Liver Oil, Flax Seed Oil or Krill Oil Lemon Flavored is the way to go!
- Multivitamin: Garden of Life Multi-Vitamin
- Probiotics: PB 8 Pro-Biotic Acidophilus
- Vit D3: NOW Foods Vitamin D3 5000 Iu
- Other: Ask your health expert for advice on any other supplements that may be necessary.
Sleep 7-8 hours per night . If you have a short night of sleep make it up ASAP. Don’t go into sleep debt. Try essential oils to help you relax and sleep more fully.
Detox Foods: Garlic, Spirulina, Vit-C foods, Super Foods: Broccoli, Kale, Flax Seeds, Chia Seeds, Seeds, Spinach.
Detoxing Bath: 2 1/2 cups of epsom salts and 10 drops of Lavender Essential Oils
About the author:
Dr. Brian Bartholomew owns and operates Ithaca Family Chiropractic in Ithaca, Ny. His expertise is in pediatric care and structural corrective chiropractic care for all ages.
Dr. Bartholomew is available for outside speaking for businesses, churches, groups, athletic teams, rotaries, health food stores and anyone who wants to take charge of their health naturally!