We’ve been going around the office and asking each employee if they had anything they wanted to share with our patients.
So, our first homemade recipe is from our lovely Jenn!
Homemade Scoring Powder
Scouring Powder Ingredients
- 1 cup baking soda
- ½ cup salt (not iodized)
- ½ cup washing soda
- 5 drops lemon essential oil- for scent. (optional.)
Scouring Powder Instructions
- Pour ingredients into jar or bowl.
- Mix or stir until well mixed.
- If you want to make a shaker, put in a pint or quart mason jar and poke some holes in the top (carefully) with a sharp serrated knife or use the top of a Parmesan cheese container!
- Lightly wet surface with water or undiluted white vinegar (for really bad messes)
- Sprinkle powder on and let sit 5 minutes
- Scrub with sturdy brush until clean
- Rinse with water or vinegar (for really bad messes)
About the author:
Dr. Brian Bartholomew owns and operates Ithaca Family Chiropractic in Ithaca, Ny. His expertise is in pediatric care and structural corrective chiropractic care for all ages.
Dr. Bartholomew is available for outside speaking for businesses, churches, groups, athletic teams, rotaries, health food stores and anyone who wants to take charge of their health naturally!