Organic Apple juice (about four to eight 32oz bottles, freshly pressed) or Distilled Water 4-5 gallons
- Phosfood Drops from Standard Process
Grapefruit Juice ( at least 4 oz)
- Pineapple Juice (at least 4 oz)
- Fresh Organic Cream (at least 4-8oz)
- Blueberries & Raspberries
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (at least 4oz)
- 1 Organic Lemon
- Vegan Food to eat for 5 days
Optional: Colax from Standard Process & A-F Beta Food from Standard Process
Instructions for 5 Day Liver & Gall Bladder Cleanse
(Ask your doctor first if this cleanse is appropriate for you. Most doctors will have no clue what you are talking about, but still feel free to ask. This is a cleanse similar to the cleanse recommended by many detox specialists and doctors who help individuals reverse cancer and detoxify naturally 🙂
1. Days 1-3: For the first three days eat vegan foods and drink at least 32 oz of room temperature organic apple juice daily. The malic acid in the apple juice helps to soften and prepare the stones from the gallbladder and liver for removal. Buy the highest quality apple juice possible. Do not use the apple juice from concentrate!
Make sure to avoid the following types of foods during your cleanse: protein rich foods (peanut butter & meats), sugars, breads and alcohol.
2. Twice a day, add 45 drops (90 drops total) of Phosfood from Standard Process to the apple juice. The phosphoric acid also helps soften the stones and prepare for their exodus. Follow this routine for three days. It is quite easy to divide the quart (320z bottle) into two pints, using 45 drops per pint.
If you cannot handle that much sugar from the apple juice, are diabetic or have had yeast problems use room temperature distilled water instead of apple juice. If you use distilled water, and you must be sure to increase the amount of Phosfood Liquid. Take 45 drops, 3 times a day with the wafer or 135 drops a day.
WARNING: You must follow this step. If you do not use the Phosfood your stones may remain hard and sharp and this could cause tearing or damage as you try to pass the sharp, jagged stones. Please, for your own safety, do not omit this step!
3. Day 4: On the 4th day eat a light vegan breakfast and a light vegan lunch. It is best that you finish your lunch by 1pm and also finish your apple juice and Phosfood or distilled water and Phosfood by 1pm.
4. At 5:30pm whip up at least 4-8oz of fresh organic cream. Eat the whipped cream with blueberries and raspberries for dinner on day 4. It is best if you can get the cream from healthy, happy grass fed cows. If the cream is raw, un-pasteurized and un-homogenized that is a bonus but often proves hard to find.
5. At 10pm mix at least 4 oz of grapefruit juice with 4 oz of pineapple juice and 4 oz of water with the 4 oz of extra virgin olive oil. Add the juice of one whole organic lemon. Stir this together and Drink the mixture.
6. It is very important that you lie down immediately on your right side with your knees pulled up near your chest for at least 30 minutes in order to allow your liver and gallbladder to begin loosening the stones. You may feel odd or ill at this point as your body begins the detox process. The liver and gallbladder are sent into an alarm state with all the fat from the oil and cream so they spasm and release stones as they try to produce and excrete bile at a rapid rate. Try to fall asleep on your right side. If you must use the toilet do so. Many with challenged digestive systems will need to. Don’t worry you will not disrupt the eminent detoxing!
7. Day 5: Harvest Day: Get up at 6am on the 5th day. It should have been 8 hours since you drank the juice and olive oil mixture. Be prepared to spend a fair amount of time on the toilet this day. It is a good idea to plan this for a weekend day or a day you have a clear morning and mid-day. You will most likely be releasing many green colored stones from the liver and gallbladder. Don’t be surprised if the stones float. It is common that you will make repeated trips to the toilet so do not be surprised. You may also need to perform a water enema to make sure that your colon is stone free.
8. Herbal laxatives or herbal laxative tea may be helpful on the morning of the 5th day. The most commonly used herbal laxative is Colax from Standard Process. You may want to take Colax prior to the cleanse or prior to your next cleanse to prepare the colon and bowels for clearing and detoxifying. A great option before or after a cleanse is to go for a colon irrigation with a professional.
9. All females who pass liver or gallbladder stones and are estrogen dominant need to take A-F Beta Food from Standard Process. A-F Beta Food helps cleanse the liver and clear fatty deposits thus balancing hormones. Continue taking A-F Beta Food until estrogen dominance ends. Estrogen dominance is determined by saliva or blood testing by your M.D.
10. It is common for people with cancer, liver congestion, weight issues or who are desperately trying to reverse illness to use this cleanse monthly or at least every 3 months. Over time, you will see that the stones become fewer and fewer until your gall bladder and liver are completely stone free. It is a good idea to use 1 Tsp of olive oil on your salads daily to keep the liver primed with a good, healthy, plant based fat.
Knockout by Susan Summers http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0307587592?ie=UTF8&creativeASIN=030758759
Dr. Brian Bartholomew owns and operates Ithaca Family Chiropractic in Ithaca, Ny. As a family chiropractor, his expertise is in pediatric care, nutrition & exercise, & structural corrective chiropractic care. For more information go to www.ithacachiropractic.com. Dr. Bartholomew is available for outside speaking for businesses, churches, groups, athletic teams, rotaries, health food stores and anyone who wants to take charge of their health naturally!